Genisys Group Programme Manager, Content and Collaboration
Oct 2013 – Nov 2018 | Basingstoke / London
At Genisys Group I was responsible for the internal SharePoint sites (development and design) and was the administrator for Dynamics 365 and Office 365. I was involved in streamlining business processes and developing systems to increase efficiency.
I trained staff to use SharePoint, Dynamics 365, HubSpot CRM and PandaDoc. I managed the HR portal and supported queries from members of staff. I was responsible for creating reports from the accounting system Exchequer using Visual Report Writer. Reports were also generated using PowerBI and Excel.
I am proficient in writing applications using PowerApps, created from Excel and SharePoint list data. These applications were used by various teams to access data easily from SharePoint.
As part of the ISO processes it was important to have standardised documentation templates. Developing the SharePoint site to enable users to quickly find the latest forms, policies and procedures was important.
A large part of my role was working directly with clients to build internal Intranet sites on SharePoint. These sites were on-premise and on-line. I had to write requirement specifications and produce estimates for the clients.
Avanade Senior Consultant, Application Development – Delivery Management
2011 – 2013 | London
I moved to Avanade under a talent acquisition. I managed the Project Management Office (PMO) team for UK technology consultancy, including project planning, status reporting and risk and issue management. I optimised the existing back-office processes through technology integration to increase productivity, including the introduction of a PMO Portal to facilitate collaboration and knowledge-sharing. I changed the management of processes including communications planning and training to all affected end users. I also managed the successful ISO 9001 certification and on-going auditing process.
Ascentium Project Manager
2008 - 2011 | Kingsclere / London
Ascentium is an interactive marketing and technology consultancy and a Microsoft Gold Partner. I was a project manager working with infrastructure consultants, solution architects, business analysts, developers and our clients. I was involved in the full life cycle of the project including: presales and bid support; functional specification and technical documentation; team management; scoping; resourcing and testing. I was a very hands-on project manager and enjoyed getting involved in both the technical and client facing aspects of the role.
Global Infrastructure Services - Employee Online Workspace
Delivery of company Intranet based on SharePoint technology, including information architecture, visual design, build, content migration and end-user training. Creation of online workspace for office-based and remote workers, as well as third-parties, to foster collaboration and knowledge sharing. Also included optimisation of SharePoint functionality, including workflows and InfoPath, to deliver online business process improvement tools.
International Childrens’ Charity – Online Collaboration Tools
Strategic introduction of online collaboration tools utilising SharePoint. Global rollout and integration with legacy systems, with operational efficiency as the primary driver. Management of associated business analysis and change management activities to support successful delivery.
Local Government – Document Management Solution
Secure SharePoint document management solution for regionally diverse working group.
- Management of multiple projects up to £250k.
- Responsible for streamlining the process between sales and delivery.
- Working with near-shore developers and 3rd party design companies.
- Account Management.
- Support resourcing and co-ordination.
- Delivery of management reports.
- Agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Customer weekly status reports and onsite meetings.
- Bid/proposal presales work.
HotLizard Ltd Project Manager
2005 - 2008 | Newbury, United Kingdom
HotLizard is a web development company that specialises in delivering recruitment management systems and websites.
The client base extended from small high street agencies to multi-national corporations. I played an active role in pushing the development and functionality of NetResourcer which is a recruitment management system, by talking directly to clients and responding to their needs, as well as strategically planning the development of the product for various markets.
- Management of the full life cycle of client projects and product development.
- Successful and timely delivery of client projects.
- Analyse and scope bespoke development projects.
- Account Management.
- Leading role in evolving and implementing project management procedures, communication and documentation throughout the organisation and within client projects.
- Participate in the strategic direction of the organisation in terms of development processes and methodologies.
- Training clients and internal members of staff.
InaPlex Ltd Project Support Manager
2004 - 2005 | Newbury, United Kingdom
I worked in a small software company specialising in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) integration tool, Inaport. My role was extremely diverse and covered the following aspects:
- Supporting Inaport for end users and channel partners.
- Managing product release process, liaising with developers and prioritising what was included in the weekly build.
- Quality Assessment for each bug and enhancement fix by producing unit test plans.
- Liasing with customers to obtain feedback on the product and possible enhancements.
- Conducting online and onsite training.
- Producing training movies and company presentations.
- Administration of the company website.
Oracle Corporation Technical Applications Consultant
2001 - 2004 | Reading, United Kingdom
Technical Applications Consultant
I worked in the Solutions, Innovations and Propositions Centre (SIPs), which is the pre sales department to assist sales teams from Oracle UK, Ireland and South Africa, in solution definition and bid construction. Our main aim is to improve the quality of all UK Consulting bids in terms of solution, sales and delivery content. My role included:
- Estimating the technical applications time and effort required for the project.
- Liaising with Oracle India (SSI) to obtain quotes for off-shore effort.
Pre-sales Operations Consultant
As an operations consultant I had a varied role ranging from:
- Designing and creating the Oracle Bid Management System (OBMS), which is used to track all proposals submitted to customers and to audit all changes.
- Planning a new process to make sure all opportunities that go through the SIPs Centre are fully qualified, and that the whole team understands the customers needs, following Oracle’s Project Management methodologies.
- Promoting the division to other business areas in the company.
- Creating financial management reports to determine the cost of sale per opportunity.
- I worked for a large telecommunications company for seven months implementing a new Customer Relationship Management System.
- I had meetings with the client to determine their requirements and then use Oracle tools and programming to customise the standard Oracle products.
- Developed customised Reports using Reports 6i, based on Sales Compensation and a Human Resources Management System module.
LDA Plc Support Consultant
2001 - 2001 | Newbury, United Kingdom
- I worked as a Support Consultant for an IT Management Consultancy firm.
- Helped to implement the e-Government initiative for various clients.
- PRINCE2 methodology was used for all projects with clients.
- I assisted in creating proposals, and reviewing documentation.